How do I apply for Food and Nutrition Services (Food Stamps)
  1. You may apply in person at the local Department of Social Services (DSS) in the state/county where you reside. You may go to the FNS website and complete the application online (PDF) and submit to DSS by mail or by fax. You may fax the application to any of these numbers:
    • 704-216-8433
    • 704-216-7937
  2. If you are a Rowan County resident, you may mail the application to:
    Department of Social Services
    1813 E Innes Street
    Salisbury, NC 28146

    The date of the application is the date the completed, signed, and dated application is received in the DSS agency in the county where you reside. If eligible, benefits cannot begin prior to the application date. You may be required to come into the agency to complete the interview. If you have circumstances that prevent you from coming into the agency, contact DSS at 704-216-8330.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for Food and Nutrition Services (Food Stamps)
2. How do I apply for Medicaid?
3. How do I report Child Abuse?
4. How to become foster parents?
5. How to apply for Work First Family Assistance (WFFA)?
6. How do I apply for Crisis Intervention Program (CIP)?
7. How do I apply for Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)?