How do I build within or adjacent to a floodplain?

Developing on a parcel with floodplain will require a development permit to go alongside the zoning permit. Staff will need a site plan with the proposed location of the new building(s). Some sites may require a surveyor to mark the proposed location(s) on the site plan. Once the footers of the new building(s) have been laid, staff will need to verify that the structure(s) are located outside of the floodplain. This is done with an as built survey, but in some circumstances may be done with a site visit by Planning staff. If Planning staff provides a site visit a $50 fee will be charged with the issuing of the development permit. 

Floodplains FAQs (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. How do I order or report a missing road sign?
2. How do I Rezone property?
3. How do I file a housing complaint?
4. How do I obtain an address?
5. How do I open a new home business or home occupation?
6. How do I subdivide property?
7. How do I add a storage building to property?
8. How do I build within or adjacent to a floodplain?
9. How do I obtain a zoning permit?
10. How do I apply for a special use permit?
11. What is a commercial plan review?
12. How do I submit payment to planning and development using the website?