How do I Rezone property?

Prior to submitting a rezoning request, applicants are encouraged to meet with a member of the Planning Department to discuss the requested change. The following information must be submitted for consideration:

  • Completed application (with affidavit of owner if non-owner petition) 
  • Two copies of a map, to scale, which clearly illustrates the subject property. If a portion of the land is proposed for rezoning, a meets and bounds description is necessary to describe the requested boundary
  • $500 fee payable to Rowan County
More information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I order or report a missing road sign?
2. How do I Rezone property?
3. How do I file a housing complaint?
4. How do I obtain an address?
5. How do I open a new home business or home occupation?
6. How do I subdivide property?
7. How do I add a storage building to property?
8. How do I build within or adjacent to a floodplain?
9. How do I obtain a zoning permit?
10. How do I apply for a special use permit?
11. What is a commercial plan review?
12. How do I submit payment to planning and development using the website?