News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/1/2020 6:20:04 PM to 1/1/2021 12:00:02 AM.

News Flash

COVID-19 Media Releases

Posted on: June 1, 2020

[ARCHIVED] Media Release COVID-19 - June 1, 2020

For Immediate Release


Phone: 980-432-1800

Rowan County Case Information:

COVID-19 Drive-thru Testing Event

Health department employees at drive-thru testing tent in mall parking lotThe Rowan County Public Health Department conducted its first drive-thru COVID-19 testing event today from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at West End Plaza.  If you missed today’s testing event, there are many additional testing times and locations throughout Rowan County. 

The picture to the left is of our testing team, just after they got started.

For a complete list of testing locations and additional information, visit the Rowan County COVID-19 Testing webpage. 

Hurricane Season Starts Today

The Atlantic hurricane season starts today and runs through November 30.  An above-normal 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected, according to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service. The outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.  Make sure you are prepared.  Visit our ReadyROWAN website for more information.


TJ Brown

Download Media Release COVID-19 - June 1, 2020 (PDF)

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in COVID-19 Media Releases