Apply In Person
- Complete the permit application
- Bring your zoning permit
- Bring your Septic Construction authorization or your tap receipts from Salisbury Rowan Utilities
- Bring your appointed Lien Agent printout, not the payment receipt
Permit Fee Schedule
To assist you in your estimating the cost for your permits view the Permit Fee Schedule.
Projects Requiring Permits
(Reference North Carolina General Statutes 160D-1110 for exemptions.)
- The construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, movement to another site, removal or demolition of any building
- The installation, extension, alteration or general repair of any electrical wiring, devices, appliances, or equipment
- The installation, extension, alteration or general repair of any heating or cooling equipment system
- The installation, extension, or general repair of any plumbing system
A permit expires 6 months after the date of issuance if the work has not been commenced. If, after commencement, the work is discontinued for a period of 12 months, the permit immediately expires. No work may be performed until the permit is reinstated.