The mission of the Rowan County Tax Collection Office is to fairly and effectively administer the tax laws governing our county and to instill the highest degree of public confidence in our integrity and reliability by providing prompt, accurate and courteous service while promoting compliance with state and local laws.
Research Tax Bills - Past & Present Years
To review the history of tax bill payments on county properties for the current year and previous years, please visit Tax Bill Search Website.
For your convenience tax bills can be paid online or you can mail in payment using the envelope provided with the bills or mail payment to our office. Our office is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, where you are always welcome to walk in, use our outside payment window, or the drop box to make your payment in-person.
Tag & Tax Combined on Vehicles
Beginning in 2013, the Tag and Tax Together program was implemented to allow property owners to conveniently pay annual vehicle registration fees and property taxes together. Motor vehicles that are registered and tagged are listed with the county automatically after you renew your registration or register a new vehicle.
Visit the DMV website for additional information.
To obtain vehicle tax receipt, log onto MyDMV. If you have any additional questions/issues call 919-814-1779.
- Does Rowan County offer a tax discount?
- When are property taxes due?
- How much did I pay last year and the year before?
- What is the current value of my property?
- Did my mortgage company get a copy of my tax bill?
- If my mortgage company pays my property taxes through escrow, why do I receive the bill?
- Where do I get my property tax card?
- Do I have to pay my bill in full?
- Can property tax payments be used for a deduction on my income tax?
- If I have sold the property that I received a property tax bill for, what should I do?
- Does my Tax bill include taxes for Municipalities (City/Town/Fire district)?
- When are delinquent tax bills advertised?
- What is a garnishment?
- When will I receive my vehicle property tax bill from the County?
- What time period does the tax bill cover?
- If I mail in a payment, will I receive a receipt?
- What is considered personal property?
- How do I appeal my personal property value?
- What if I have declared bankruptcy and receive a bill?
- What happens if I do not pay my bill?
- Why do I have a late list fee?
- What should I do if I sold my Personal Property (i.e., boat/motor, trailer, jet ski, etc.)?
- Why are there fees to use a debit/credit card?
- What do I need to move a mobile home?