The Medical Records division provides patient registration for clinical services, eligibility determination for applicable program services, clinical appointment scheduling and processing request for and release of records.
Appointments and Hours of Operation
How to Obtain your Medical Records
If you are trying to obtain a copy of your Immunization record:
- The Rowan County Public Health uses the North Carolina Immunization registry. Most doctor’s office in the state of North Carolina should be able to access your immunization record in this registry.
- A certified copy of your immunization record will be provided to you at the time that you receive an immunization from Rowan County Public Health, however, should you need a replacement copy, they may be requested in person during our regular business hours Monday- Friday 8am-4.30pm. Please bring your ID with you. If you are not able to come to our office, we have other options available, please contact the immunization appointment desk at 704-216-8777, Option 2
- If you would like to have your immunization record faxed to your school or doctor’s office, we can do that for you at no charge. Please contact the appointment desk at 704-216-8777 option 2 for assistance.
If you are trying to obtain a copy of your Prenatal record:
The prenatal department will prepare your records and call you when they are ready for pickup. You will need to bring your ID when picking up your records. If you wish for your records to be faxed to another Provider you will need to sign a record release form.
Please contact the prenatal front desk at 704-216-8777, Option 2.
To Obtain a Copy of all other Medical Records:
- You may request a copy of your medical records at any time. This will require a signed authorization to release. Request for records are usually processed within 5 business days. If you are transferring to another doctor’s office, we can send medical records to that doctor’s office, once you complete a medical records release form.
- There are several options to complete a signed authorization to release records.
- You may come to our office between the hours of 8am-4.30pm to sign an authorization to release records. Please bring your ID with you. If this is for a child, the parent or legal guardian will need to sign and have ID for both child and parent or legal guardian.
- You may go to the office that you are transferring the records to and sign the authorization, that office will then fax the authorization to RCHD to process.
- If you are not able to come to our office, we have other options available, please contact the appointment desk/Medical Records at 704-216-8777 option 3
To Have the Provider Complete a FMLA Form, Physical Form or Disability Form:
You must be an established patient of Rowan County Public Health. We only complete forms for conditions we are treating. If you have a form that needs to be completed by one of our providers, you may use the following options:
- You may fax the form to 704-216-7989. Please make sure you have filled out your portion of the form and signed. The form must contain the patients name and date of birth. Please make sure you include a call back number that the doctor can reach you at for any questions.
- You may drop off the form at our Salisbury office Monday - Friday between 8am-4.30pm
- Once the form is completed by the doctor, you can pick up the form at our office.
If you are wanting RCHD to fax this form to another location for you, such as to your employer or school, you will need to sign an authorization form giving RCHD the permission to release this information.
Please Note: In order for our providers to complete the form, you must be a current patient of Rowan County Health Department and have had a Physical Exam completed by our provider in the current year. Please know that it may take up to 5 business days for the form to be completed and available.
Eligibility and Payment Options
We accept most insurance plans, Medicaid, and Medicare. Some program services are eligible for a sliding fee discount. Please call 704-216-8777, option 3 for more information.