Since March 2020, RPL has made a number of temporary modifications to services and operations based on recommendations and directives from the State of North Carolina, Rowan County Government, Rowan County Health Department, and Centers for Disease Control. The goal of these modifications is to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities and keep library visitors and staff healthy. Modifications are regularly reviewed and adjusted to meet current recommendations, directives, and guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. Every effort is being made to make your library visit a pleasant and productive one while keeping both you and library staff healthy.
- All patrons are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services – WEAR a face covering; WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, the Library asks that you postpone your visit.
Modifications in effect as of November 1, 2020:
- Reduced seating
- Floor plan re-arrangements (including computer labs) and directional signage that encourages social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high touch public surfaces and restrooms
- Protective barriers at service desks
- Curbside Pick Up available at all branches
- Via Curbside Pick Up, patrons can pick up materials, mobile prints, and Take Away Kits (crafts and activities), and request copies and faxes – all without leaving the parking lot! Appointments are not required to utilize Curbside Pick Up. Curbside Pick Up is available whenever the library is open. Current hours for each of RPL’s four branches can be found here.
Free 24/7 Wi-Fi is still accessible from library parking lots
Materials can be returned to any library location using designated book drops