Military & Overseas Absentee Voting

Some citizens, such as people serving in the military who are away from their permanent home on Election Day, their families, or U.S. citizens who are living abroad, have special voting rights and ways to register to vote. These people have the choice of either requesting a mail-in absentee ballot the same way as other registered voters or they can apply to register and/or vote through special programs for military and overseas voters.

Learn more about Voting Options on the NC State Board of Elections website or at the Federal Voting Assistance website.